|

Qatar Firms to Build $2 billion Steel Plant in Algeria

Qatar International, a Qatari joint venture grouping Qatar Steel and Qatar Mining, will build a $2 billion steel plant in the Algerian eastern province of Jijel.
The Qatari firm will be holding a 49 percent stake in the plant and the Algerian side the remaining 51 percent, in accordance with Algerian investment law.
Construction works are expected to begin in 2013, while production is to start in 2017.
The plant will initially produce 2.5mn tons of steel per year and will gradually increase production to 5mn tons of long, flat and special steel. Algeria’s current imports of steel amount to about $10 billion.
The deal final agreement will be inked in the first half of December.
Qatar and Algeria had agreed on the construction of the steel factory earlier this year and signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) on the project last July.

Short URL: http://me-confidential.com/?p=6062

Posted by on Nov 12 2012. Filed under Gulf News, Headlines. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.

Leave a Reply

Recently Commented

  • Badia Ouadi: What about the 20/20 vision for tourism which HRH has endorsed Himself? There are hundreds of western...
  • Achraf: Wise words from a wise king. And dont forget to work hand in hand. Stability Will be à important factor
  • Mehmet: Erdogan and the Turkish government become more pathetic and miserable and unrealistic day by day.
  • Telh: Israel should take a leaf out of their book.
  • Gemma: Well on this task Jordan gets a big fat F! We need to find a more competent custodian before Al Aqsa is lost...